[Cin] Free and NetBSD patches in one series

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 23:49:29 CET 2023

The BSD patches for 14.0 are ready for GIT checkin (next time I boot the
desktop).  I tested on Debian 9.1 32-bit and Ubuntu 16 and of course,
Fedora 32 -- just because even though they are mostly specific to only BSD,
it is just a lot easier to find a problem now then having to backtrack
later.

P.S. this problem "Fix for freebsd 14 build OpenEXR /// *cflags pkg-config
does not work for some reason/*" is, I believe, the reason why I could
never get OpenEXR upgraded from 2.4.1 to 3.1.4 as provided by Manuel V.  I
could not get "without openexr" working for Ubuntu 16 which has a too low
version default of cmake.