[Cin] our opencv archive errors out on gcc 13 distros

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 11:16:44 CET 2023

so, I tried to fix it in brutal way

download and unpack opencv 4.8.1 from their sf page.
98 mb or so
cd into it

cd opencv-opencv-7d2cb72/

mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..

try make, it will take some time.

but even if build fails we mostly interested in .cache directory.

../../../opencv-opencv-7d2cb72/.cache/ade/fa4b3e25167319cb0fa9432ef8281945-v0.1.2a.zip

copy that in our unpacked archive instead of 0.1.1f

download our archive from
https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/opencv/opencv-20200306.tgz

unpack it into DIFFERENT directory.

change this file

AND also search for cmake downloader and replace it with one updated from
same 4.8.1 distribution

modules/gapi/cmake/DownloadADE.cmake

now from rootof directory  where two dirs from our archive {now updated}
exist you can call

tar -cvzf ../opencv-20200306-f.tgz .

and put this new archive into thirdparty and call configure with new file
name.

Hopefully it will works even on fedora 38+

Currently testing on Slakel current , but I tried to be smart and cut down
build module lest, and this took few rebuilds to get right.