[Cin] News and enhancements with CinGG/FFmpeg 6.1 ?

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 00:10:56 CET 2023

> I am wondering if the news and enhancements of importance to
> CinGG/FFmpeg 6.1 users may  be outlined, including what is ready now and
> expected upcoming next?
>
> Although not exactly as requested, I have updated November News to better
outline what *CinGG *takes advantage of in the 6.1 version of ffmpeg.  If
you can think of anything I left out as it pertains to Cinelerra, please
email that.  A lot of the new features are only really relevant on the
command line and these are best outlined in many places on the internet
already.  In addition I have minimally tested new formats of WBMP and HDR
and have the ffmpeg/video directory format files ready for GIT checkin.

I have tried testing AV1 capability with little success yet, but will
continue to see if I can get an updated dav1d library version update for
newer operating systems.

https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/news-updates/november-2023-release-and-build-farm-announcement/