[Cin] aw, we apparently missed more honest capture device

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 03:19:43 CET 2023

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08MPPKZ55/ref=cm_cr_srp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

‎4KVC00 from "V AV access"

in reviews

====
 A true YUY2, USB 3.0 capture card capable of 1080p 60fps!
Reviewed in the United States on June 7, 2021
For the price, this thing is awesome. It's actually USB 3.0 (instead of
just a fake blue connector) and is capable of delivering raw 1080p60 video
for capture! I've been looking around for a good 1080p60 capture card for
my Nintendo Switch, and this fits the bill quite nicely, as the loop-out
keeps the gaming 'competitive' while the capture looks great.

Pros:
- Really captures at 1080p 60fps, and delivers sharp images (instead of
blurrier 30fps ones you'll find on cheap USB 2.0 MJPEG-based capture
cards). YUY2 (the video format) is chroma subsampled though, which means
that really small text may have a bit of discoloration, but for games it's
not really an issue.
- Low latency capture (at least from what I can tell in OBS preview)
- Loop out (yay)
- Works with Linux as a simple V4L2 capture device
- Sound is nicely in sync
- Price (I got it for like ~$40 or so, and haven't found anything this good
at this price point - heck, it outclasses my AverMedia Live Gamer Mini I
bought used at $60)
====

aja and other stuff cost ... *much* more.

https://www.aja.com/products/u-tap-hdmi

439$

https://www.amx.com/en/products/uvc1-4k

even costlier, 800+!

Anyway, in all cases cable (usb) might be limiting factor, too?

I really hope this HAMA device actually just was plugged in wrong port or
via wrong cable, otherwise I think it will be wise to replace it with
something else (sadly cheap-end devices may change their guts without
changing appearance, so ...russian roulette!)