[Cin] aw, we apparently missed more honest capture device

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 14:52:34 CET 2023

Den 08.02.2023 03:46, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
> https://www.avaccess.com/products/4kvc00/
>
> it exist, just not (yet?) in Europe ...

4KVC00, interesting model worth to have a closer look at. And it
seemingly is available or at least prices in Europe for €71.99
https://www.avaccess.com/eu/products/4kvc00/

If it has better cost/performance than other similar UVC v4L2 models, I
don't know.
Looking at its tech specs, it has color precision
Deep Color     4K at 60Hz: Up to 8bit

Not really fair comparable with the "not so unexpensive" standalone SSD
recorder (BMD Hyperdeck Shuttle 2
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/841023-REG/Blackmagic_Design_HYPERD_PT2_HyperDeck_Shuttle_2_SSD.html/specs
Color Precision    10-bit
Video Sampling    4:2:2

And not to forget the 8-Bit vs 10-Bit Video Color Explained
(thousands/banding vs millions):
https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/series/the-filmmakers-handbook/8-bit-or-10-bit-video-color-explained/