[Cin] OpenCL again

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue Feb 14 09:58:57 CET 2023

On Tuesday, February 14, 2023 9:54:03 AM CET, Andrea paz via Cin wrote:
> Here is the clinfo. Keep in mind that AMD video cards are problematic
> in Arch linux and my RX 5700XT is even more so. So I use the open
> "amdgpu + mesa" driver, but for OpenCL I use the driver extracted from
> amdgpu-pro (closed) via the "opencl-amd" package found in AUR:

I think the main issues with AMD and opencl is that there were never
drivers to support the 'older cards' when they were new. And the newer
drivers dropped the support for older cards. If you do enable it (for
example on a Ryzen 5 Mobile CPU) you can literally crash the Linux kernel,
I noticed this with Tesseract OCR.

--
Stefan