[Cin] Capturing DV/HDV via Firewire

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 16:54:44 CET 2023

Terje,
I can say with 100% certainty that here we have never tested FIREWIRE but I
did notice that the CV contributors did add "ifdef FIREWIRE" in a few of
the .C programs which conceivably means that it can be built with the
capability. However, I guess I do not understand why you would want this
option since you stated:
   "The reason is my 10 years old FireWire based DV/HDV recorder seemingly
is dead."
Recently I successfully was able to do:  "Transfer VHS/DVD Media or
Video8/Hi8 Tapes into CINELERRA-GG" though.