[Cin] Latest git issues

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 20:05:20 CET 2023

Stefan,
Just to be sure, I pulled the latest GIT and rebuilt CinGG to test the
ShuttlePro.  Initially I had tested with "root" but now have tested as an
ordinary user.  You do not need to have a .shuttlrc file BUT have to make
sure the permissions are correct.  Maybe you updated your Operating System
and this file no longer exists?
      /dev/input/by-id/usb-Contour_Design_ShuttlePro-event-if00: Permission
denied

Per the manual, initially you have to do:
   sudo cp {cindat_path}/doc/99-ShuttlePRO.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
I did not reboot though, but cheated and just changed where the symbolic
link pointed (in my case ../event18) to read mode and the ShuttlePro worked
just fine.  Then I rebooted, to make sure.