[Cin] AUTHORS file for cinelerra-GG?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 20:43:54 CET 2023

пн, 2 янв. 2023 г., 22:13 Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com>:

> I will look for files without attribution header and see how many there
> are.  If they existed in HV, then can make sure Williams header is put back
> in.  May have been accidentally deleted.

Thousand times thanks! Unfun fact current github web interface can only
show 1000 files so cinelerra/ directory cut a bit sort there!

As aside from my own, I think early licence texts overlooked importance of
version history - they effectively ask developer/users to share accurate
_snapshot_ of their work. And while it probably worked in more tidely
organized projects (they often keep detailed changelog - like if you look
inside LibreOffice source you will find ...100 Mb (?!) changelog if my
memory serves me well) loss of development history about many earlier
projects is sad, IMO. Also, some companies tried to do absolute minimum and
released so called "code drop" -  sources, yes, but without any history or
even clear documentation.

I wonder if there optional way to include sources in those flatpacks...
yes, this will make them bigger, but I still like how Slackware's packages
contain all development headers and such.

May be this is empty worry but using open-source (GPL/BSD/MIT/etc) software
exactly  as closed-source binary "applications" defeat (imo) whole idea of
empowering users into "I can dev, too!" status.

This is not CinelerraGG's specific problem or error - but generic trend
.... I, like all users, surely *like* package that just work, esp. for
quickly testing various versions - but we humans tend to be understanable
"lazy" so  only small minority of Windows/Mac users  reach out to try
Linux, and now even small part of Linux users reach out to try development

I tend to circle around ideas like those presented on
https://solarpunkmagazine.com/

but because I can't garden (and feel basically no attraction to even try)
my only "community work" is about software o.O

I do not grow much as developer after all those years, so may be this is
understanable why I sometimes overattracted to philosophising and numbers.

Thanks for attention ....