[Cin] Ffmpeg loader in cincv in 2010

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 02:51:55 CET 2023

Oh, memory! I remember I was reading those lines but completely forgot where!

=========
https://crazedmuleproductions.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.html?m=0

Friday, July 16, 2010

Green Beret parachutes in to help Cinelerra

Unbelievably, just in the past week, the Cinelerra CV community
(http://cvs.cinelerra.org/) has had a heavyweight developer parachute
in and start fixing stuff all over the place. The guy is Chris "Monty"
Montgomery who developed the Ogg multimedia container and Vorbis audio
formats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Montgomery). He is a
developer currently working for Red Hat.

Monty, You're The Man!
His primary effort has been to yank out the kludgy and incompatible
file loader in Cinelerra and replace it using good old FFmpeg. FFmpeg
has problems of its own, but a helluva lot less problems than the
Cinelerra loader. This is a task that the original developer of
Cinelerra, Heroine Warrior (http://www.heroinewarrior.com/), has
wisely done with the 4.1 version of Cinelerra. Much props to Father
HV, for without him, this blog and Open Source video editing would be
very different, if exist at all.

=====

Unfortunately xiph.org migrated their git without user directories, so
only patches survived reside in directory archived by archive.org
(duh!)

https://web.archive.org/web/20150323164307/http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/cinelerra/patches/

not all patches downloadable, but biggest (18 mb!) first one surely is

Note, I am not saying code from this experiment directly entered cingg
vi  cincv (I mistaken files with same names but different content) yet
it shows how three separate parts (one from cincv (ffmpeg wrapper
class from 2004!)), another from hv (Adam's 2008 experiment) and work
by Monty in 2010) formed something users can test!