[Cin] Workflow issues for multitrack editing

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Mon Jan 30 09:36:05 CET 2023

On Monday, January 30, 2023 9:30:28 AM CET, Igor BEGHETTO via Cin wrote:
> I used it some time and it works very good. But I don't
> understand what is your workflow.

It has some preconditions why I does not work well for me (or even at all).
In order for it to work it would require a continuous recording as
baseline, while many of my recordings align relative towards each other. So
Clip A track 1 would align Clip B on track 2, and clip C on track 1 would
align with track 2 again.

My experience from the basic aligning is not so positive as well.

>> When I am editing I would love to have something like a
>> *multitrack* scratch space. The only way I am aware of that can
>> achieve this is creating a second Cinerella instance working on
>> its own EDL. This would allow me to edit some 'sub project'
>> that can later be imported again.
> As said from Andrew We can use OpenEdL OR/AND import one or
> more sub-project in a Master Project. You can see two old
> (outdated) tutorials about at:
> - "Working with the Sequences" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lXyGGJWO2Y
> - "Nesting the Sequences in a Master Project"
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5SO4_Unlzo

Tried those yesterday, and the first thing I stumbled into was a crash ;)

--
Stefan