[Cin] timidity as midi soft synth

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 20:24:36 CEST 2023

So, I installed timidity + sound fonts and was experimenting with it.

Initially I only get sound via esd or oss output, then turned out I can add
'-s 48000' switch to both command line and Alsa sequencer mode - and now it
plays in TDE midi application, aplaymidi, or even xmms!

http://www.develia.org/files/amidi-plug-0.7.tar.bz2

Nice to have old sites/software still around ....

I wonder if many modern (but alsa-based) systems suffer from it? I think I
saw this bug (as no sound/heavily distorted first seconds of sound) on both
desktop and laptop.