[Cin] OT: fun with other editors!

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 21:17:49 CEST 2023

On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 5:31 PM Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew, this was with 32-bit ?  if so, that is really good that others are maintaining their 32-bit selections.  Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried Olive NLE?

Try 2 for all:

Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>

Fri, Jul 14, 5:36 PM (2 days ago)

to Phyllis

пт, 14 июл. 2023 г., 17:31 Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com>:

> Andrew, this was with 32-bit ?

Kernel 64-bit (so all 16 GB  of phys ram usable, also kvm virtual
machines!) but all userspace is 32bit.

Additionally, I have no pulseaudio running so for
shotcut/flowblade I need to set SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa.

> if so, that is really good that others are maintaining their 32-bit selections.  Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried Olive NLE?

sure, I even slightly patched it for 32-bit build. But since New Year
there was restructuring on repo, so I not yet tried to rebase/rebuild
that.

Attached is my hack for olive git
e7982239b8c736baab9ed29ba89e7a3f1342700a (use CXX=clang++ before
running "cmake .."  from build dir)

Also attached is my screenshot compressed with pngquant - it really
tries to get nicely-looking 8-bit + transperency PNG
Optipng compressed original from ksnapshot down to

252K vs 256K

and pngquant (destructively/ non-losless but with new filename)
compressed down to

96K

Yay for mailing list server?
(still I think adding many screenshots actually still bad idea, just
want to show cool new tool I noticed while researching BD menus)