[Cin] Weird world of WINDOW_CONFIG!

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 17:04:29 CEST 2023

чт, 2 февр. 2023 г., 00:10 Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>:

> ср, 11 янв. 2023 г., 05:11 Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>:
>

>> вт, 10 янв. 2023 г., 22:06 Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> *Andrew,*
>>> If I write up a short description on this for the Manual, will you check
>>> it out for correctness?  I am not sure I could test it and get it all right
>>> (and want to finish other things I am in the middle of).
>>>

>> Sure! I was sleeping while my desktop was busy rebuilding qemu. Hopefully
>> it will work so I'll test multi-gpu config today on VM
>>

> My main desktop now sleeps, but I can wake it up for testing dual-monitor
> (just reminder so this will not lost again)

It was loong sleep, I was distracted by multiple things.

But I found
https://github.com/phillipberndt/fakexrandr

"You'll want to use this library if you have a multi-head setup, but a
crappy video driver which tells RandR that there is only one big monitor,
resulting in wrong window placement by window managers. Matrox Tripple Head
2 Go et al. are other candidates, where there really is only one big
monitor, but you'd want to split it anyway. *Another use case is to test
multi-head behaviour without having multiple monitors."*

====

works with x11 apps, not xcb-x11, but I think cingg exactly this kind of
"legacy" app?

found while looking at DRM lease (exclusive access to output) information,
should be in xserver 1.20 and later, but mostly used by SteamVR ?