[Cin] dvdcreate and filempeg patches

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 16:12:32 CEST 2023

пт, 9 июн. 2023 г., 15:43 Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>:

> чт, 8 июн. 2023 г., 21:43 Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com>:
>
>> Andrew, after many, many runs and actual DVD media creation with these
>> patches in, I am almost certain that all is working well and now there is
>> the choice of creating BFF media.  So answer to question of "do you still
>> get interlaced" is "YES" as far as I can tell.  Here are some of the
>> results / differences seen when use "mediainfo":
>>
>> 1) GOP, Open/Closed                         : Open
>> -------------------> Before
>>    GOP, Open/Closed of first frame     : Closed ------------------->
>> Before
>>    GOP, Open/Closed                          : Closed
>> -------------------> After is just this 1 line which makes sense
>> 2) Scan type    is a little confusing though:
>>     Before  -----> it always read Interlaced for all, whether or not the
>> Deinterlace box was checked or not
>>     After    ------> if Deinterlace box is checked, it reads Interlace
>>

> I think it should be set to Progressive if deinterlace checked ....
>
> Sorry, back to double-checking my logic ..

It seems with m2ts source and deinterlace on I get this mpeg2enc line:

Running
/data/data/com.termux/files/home/cinelerra/cinelerra-5.1/bin//mpeg2enc -v
0  -b 8000 -q 1 -a 2 -F 3 -H -c -I 0 -M 8 -f 8 -g 15 -G 15 -R 0 -o
'/data/data/com.termux/files/home/tmp/dvd_20230609-161131/dvd.m2v'

no "-z" , also "I"  equals zero

but mediainfo still says:

Scan type                                : Progressive
    Scan order                               : Top Field First

yet ffprobe says

Input #0, mpegvideo, from
'/data/data/com.termux/files/home/tmp/dvd_20230609-161131/dvd.m2v':
Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A      Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg2video (Main),
yuv420p(tv, bt470bg, progressive), 720x576 [SAR 16:15 DAR 4:3], 25 fps, 25
tbr, 1200k tbn                                                      Side
data:
                     cpb: bitrate max/min/avg: 8000000/0/0 buffer size:
1835008 vbv_delay: N/A

I was dumb I selected pal 4:3 instead of pal 16:9 in dvd master ....

So, may be this is bug (o-feature) in mediainfo?

Anyway, those parameters can be changed if you click on wrench icon on
video (mpeg) stream in second-stage window where batch files already set up.