[Cin] AdobeRGB and editing

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Fri May 26 10:49:36 CEST 2023

On Friday, May 26, 2023 10:32:56 AM CEST, Andrea paz wrote:
> CinGG has no color management. I also have a wide gamut monitor (98%
> DCI-P3), but it is useless in CinGG.
> We have collected all the color info in the manual:
> https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/Overview_on_Color_Managemen.html
>
> PS: If you find any other news or ways of dealing with color in CinGG,
> please let us know and we will add it to the manual.

Could you add some screenshots for this section?

"For practical guidelines, one can imagine starting with a quality file,
for example, 10-bit YUV 4.2.2. You set the project to RGBA-FLOAT; the YUV
color space to your choice of Rec709 (for a FullHD) or BT 2020NCL (for UHD)
and finally the YUV color range to JPEG."

What I can find is "Settings > Format > Color model" for RGBA-Float, and
"Settings > Preferences > Appearance > YUV color space" it would be good to
explicitly guide the use towards where to end up.

I guess my 'work' would benefit from RGB-Float, and only at the output
clamp to 8bit.

--
Stefan