[Cin] AdobeRGB and editing

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat May 27 16:23:20 CEST 2023

сб, 27 мая 2023 г., 16:45 Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>:

> Slightly more from my n-th research into colorspaces.

https://video.stackexchange.com/questions/21483/apply-custom-lut-via-ffmpeg

this talks about using  camera-specific .cube file via ffmpeg.

=====

<https://video.stackexchange.com/posts/21653/timeline>

You may want to use FFMPEG's lut3d
<https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#lut3d-1> filter. It requires you to
provide a look-up table (a *.cube file). For example, if you have an ARRI
camera you can generate these files using ARRI Color Tool
<http://www.arri.com/camera/amira/downloads/> or simply download a package
with them from the linked page.

Once you have the files, use FFMPEG like this:

ffmpeg -i "Input.mov" -vf lut3d="ARRIP3D65PQ108-33.cube" -s 1920x1080 -c:v
dnxhd -pix_fmt yuv422p -b:v 120M DNxHD_for_Editing.mxf

=====

so, if you have those LOG videos with corresponding LUT files you can try
this in both ffmpeg command line and opts input file  ....

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2847

this ticket says at very end lut3d uses 32-bit floating point internally,
so I guess for it to work (more or less as intended)  you need rgba-float
project type .... Also, comments warns about  "interp" parameter, default
might be different from DaVinchi