[Cin] HDR footage from images via ffmpeg

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Sat May 27 23:50:45 CEST 2023

I have X11 so I can use the ICC profiles. The 10 bit depth color works
halfway for me: some applications work, some crash or give wrong
colors but most don't take the 10 bits into account. I didn't know the
'export' line you passed me, I'm probably doing something wrong but it
doesn't work. It produces a series of graphics server errors. I have
given up trying by now.

However, HDR is not going from 8 bits to 10 bits or higher.
Whatever color depth is used, HDR means being able to map values
outside its limits onto the monitor. To do this also requires an
HDR-type monitor.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/HDR_monitor_support