[Cin] DV to DVD rendering - questions and issues

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue May 30 02:26:00 CEST 2023

Andrew, changed to -I 2 and -z b in filempeg.C but ends up with "Error
rendering data." and SIGPIPEs as shown far below.  I was looking for an
easy out but there appears to be none, so going back to testing ffmpeg 6.0,
although that is what I have been using so really still testing by default !

I have not found any definitive source saying that DVDs do not handle
Bottom Field First.

Cinelerra Infinity - built: May 27 2023 18:56:09
git://git.cinelerra-gg.org/goodguy/cinelerra.git
(c) 2006-2019 Heroine Virtual Ltd. by Adam Williams
2007-2020 mods for Cinelerra-GG by W.P.Morrow aka goodguy
Cinelerra is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for Cinelerra.

FileMPEG::open_file: Running /tmp/cinelerra-5.1/bin//mpeg2enc -v 0  -b 8000
-q 1 -a 2 -F 4 -H -I 2 -M 8 -z b -f 8 -g 15 -G 15 -R 0 -o
'/tmp/dvd_20230529-182026/dvd.m2v'
signal_entry_recoverable: got SIGPIPE my pid=21664
signal_entry_recoverable: got SIGPIPE my pid=21664
signal_entry_recoverable: got SIGPIPE my pid=21664
signal_entry_recoverable: got SIGPIPE my pid=21664
signal_entry_recoverable: got SIGPIPE my pid=21664
signal_entry_recoverable: got SIGPIPE my pid=21664
signal_entry_recoverable: got SIGPIPE my pid=21664
signal_entry_recoverable: got SIGPIPE my pid=21664
signal_entry_recoverable: got SIGPIPE my pid=21664
signal_entry_recoverable: got SIGPIPE my pid=21664
Render::render_single: Session finished.