[Cin] Trying to understand colour, try N!

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 15:12:17 CET 2023

> and feel free to experiment with "//" commenting it out :)

I tried to compile by commenting out the string CLAMP(output, 0, 1.0)
in histogram.C. The compilation occurred without errors. CinGG starts
without errors and the Histogram plugin runs without errors. In the
graph you can see that the data in the area beyond 1.0 is not visible,
however, this time the plugin seems to work in float because I was
able to pull out the hdr data that was present in the original image.
See attached image.
Note that the normal plugin has a horizontal line between 100 and 110%
(as well as between 0 and -10%). It is the clip line. That line has
remained in black but is no longer there in super-white.
No errors or other messages are reported in the terminal from which I ran CinGG.
I will continue testing, but if all goes well I propose to remove the
line from the code because having an important plugin like histogram
without the clip is a good thing.