[Cin] Clipping to 1.0 investigation.

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 18:13:48 CET 2023

ср, 8 нояб. 2023 г., 18:55 Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 6:08 PM Andrew Randrianasulu
> <randrianasulu at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I tried cingg compiled on Nov, 1 2020 and issues still here - you need
> native exr reader to see it with Andrea's sample. Either by compositor's
> vectoroscope or color picker - in clipping case it will show 1.0 for much
> of window area, in non-clipping mode (no plugins) it will show up to
> 60.something in rgb channels!
> >
> > Sadly, 2018 version had no vectoroscope on compositor, need to
> double-test if native exr reader + any plugin will fail there in the same
> way via color picker.....
>
> so, may 6 2018 cingg exhibit same behavior on rgba-float tiff exported
> from cin-cv (because pure exr import somewhat not worked for me in
> this  version).
>
> so, this is apparently not recent bug .....

looking at commit adding overlay modes ...

http://git.cinelerra-gg.org/git/?p=goodguy/history.git;a=commit;h=93d60cc0fdf746cc03b4d7a9e45744c2c424439b

can anyone beat me to build commit before that and see  if same exr/tiff
with values > 1.0f was working before this rework?

for current cin, can you look at

cinelerra/overlay_direct_rgba_float.C
cinelerra/overlay_nearest_rgba_float.C
and
cinelerra/overlay_sample_rgba_float.C

and see if changin line like

#define BLEND(FN) XSAMPLE(FN, z_float, z_float, 1.f, 4, 0, 0.f);

to say 1000.f as forth param  allow given overlay mode to push unclamped
values over 1.0f to and from plugins?