[Cin] Cinelerra-GG packages build farm

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 15:03:32 CET 2023

Den 08.10.2023 13:14, skrev Андрей Спицын via Cin:
> Hello Phyllis and everyone,
>
> I've created a build farm for cinelerra deb and rpm packages. Although
> it is at an early stage of development, it can build packages on every
> git change in the main repo. Feel free to use these packages at
> https://github.com/einhander/cin-gg-packages/releases. Note that
> releases correspond to a build date, not a git commit date.
> Current build hosts are debian 12 and alma linux 8. I'm open to
> suggestions for a new distro and packages.
>

> Best regards,
> Andrey Spitsyn

The following is more an idea and a question from my side:

First a background reference url to and an extract from the manual:
https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/Download_Already_Built_CINE.html

  * Download Already Built CINELERRA-GG
  * All of these images are dated 10/31/2020 and are no longer being
    maintained. They will still work on the version of the O/S in use at
    that time but will have none of the latest features. You should use
    the simpler AppImage instead as described previously.

  * If you prefer to not have to take the time to build CINELERRA-GG
    Infinity yourself, there are pre-built dynamic or static binaries
    for various versions of Ubuntu, Mint, Suse, Fedora, Debian, Centos,
    Arch, and Slackware linux as well as Gentoo and FreeBSD. If you do
    want to build it yourself so that you get the added benefit of the
    latest checked in changes,

  * https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/tars

  * The tars directory contains single-user static builds for different
    distros. This is the recommended usage of CINELERRA-GG because all
    of the files will exist in a single directory. Generally all of the
    necessary libraries are built into the static build, but in some
    cases you may have to install another library that is being called
    for. To install the single user builds, download the designated
    tarball from the ./tars subdirectory and unpack as indicated

I've test-installed and had a look this last single-user static build
tar ball on current Leap:

  * cinelerra-5.1-leap15.2-20201031.x86_64-static.txz 2020-10-31 15:06   60M

    ~/cin> ls
    applications       COPYING expanders.txt  ladspa
    lv2ui     mplexlo  README zmpeg3cc2txt
    bdwrite            doc ffmpeg         locale             models
    msg      shuttlerc zmpeg3ifochk
    cin                expanders.es hveg2enc       lv2
    mpeg2enc  pixmaps  tips zmpeg3show
    Cinelerra_factory  expanders.fr info           lv2_blacklist.txt
    mplex     plugins  zmpeg3cat zmpeg3toc

    ~/cin> ls ffmpeg
    audio  decode.opts  encode.opts ffmpeg.opts  flv.dfl  format
    plugin.opts  video

As clarified by Andrew in another post, the ffmpeg binary has not been
packaged in the dynamic system build pkgs,
https://lists.cinelerra-gg.org/pipermail/cin/2023-November/007273.html

and as seen here: no ffmpeg binary (while bdwrite is there) available in
the single-user static build tar ball.

So to my question to avoid user efforts to build CINELERRA-GG themselves
in cases where the distro system ffmpeg version or libs are not available:
Would it be possible and not at least manageable to bundle also the
ffmpeg binary tool with all relevant libs in an optional maintained
single-user static build tar ball?

Terje J. H