[Cin] Cinelerra-GG packages build farm

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 23:32:13 CET 2023

Den 17.11.2023 16:23, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:

> пт, 17 нояб. 2023 г., 18:20 Andrew Randrianasulu
> <randrianasulu at gmail.com>:
>

>     пт, 17 нояб. 2023 г., 17:00 Terje J. Hanssen via Cin
>     <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:
>

>         Den 08.10.2023 13:14, skrev Андрей Спицын via Cin:
>>         Hello Phyllis and everyone,
>>
>>         I've created a build farm for cinelerra deb and rpm packages.
>>         Although it is at an early stage of development, it can build
>>         packages on every git change in the main repo. Feel free to
>>         use these packages at
>>         https://github.com/einhander/cin-gg-packages/releases. Note
>>         that releases correspond to a build date, not a git commit date.
>>         Current build hosts are debian 12 and alma linux 8. I'm open
>>         to suggestions for a new distro and packages.
>>

>>         Best regards,
>>         Andrey Spitsyn
>

>         The following is more an idea and a question from my side:
>
>         First a background reference url to and an extract from the
>         manual:
>         https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/Download_Already_Built_CINE.html
>
>           * Download Already Built CINELERRA-GG
>           * All of these images are dated 10/31/2020 and are no longer
>             being maintained. They will still work on the version of
>             the O/S in use at that time but will have none of the
>             latest features. You should use the simpler AppImage
>             instead as described previously.
>
>           * If you prefer to not have to take the time to build
>             CINELERRA-GG Infinity yourself, there are pre-built
>             dynamic or static binaries for various versions of Ubuntu,
>             Mint, Suse, Fedora, Debian, Centos, Arch, and Slackware
>             linux as well as Gentoo and FreeBSD. If you do want to
>             build it yourself so that you get the added benefit of the
>             latest checked in changes,
>
>           * https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/tars
>
>           * The tars directory contains single-user static builds for
>             different distros. This is the recommended usage of
>             CINELERRA-GG because all of the files will exist in a
>             single directory. Generally all of the necessary libraries
>             are built into the static build, but in some cases you may
>             have to install another library that is being called for.
>             To install the single user builds, download the designated
>             tarball from the ./tars subdirectory and unpack as indicated
>
>         I've test-installed and had a look this last single-user
>         static build tar ball on current Leap:
>
>           * cinelerra-5.1-leap15.2-20201031.x86_64-static.txz
>
>             ~/cin> ls
>             applications COPYING       expanders.txt
>             ladspa             lv2ui     mplexlo README     zmpeg3cc2txt
>             bdwrite doc           ffmpeg locale             models
>             msg shuttlerc  zmpeg3ifochk
>             cin expanders.es <http://expanders.es> hveg2enc
>             lv2                mpeg2enc pixmaps  tips       zmpeg3show
>             Cinelerra_factory expanders.fr <http://expanders.fr>
>             info           lv2_blacklist.txt  mplex plugins
>             zmpeg3cat  zmpeg3toc
>
>             ~/cin> ls ffmpeg
>             audio  decode.opts encode.opts  ffmpeg.opts  flv.dfl
> [...]

Yes, thanks. I downloaded and unpacked the ffmpeg-6.1-amd64-static tarball.

    du -sh *
    76M    ffmpeg
    76M    ffprobe
    36K    GPLv3.txt
    3,0M    manpages
    5,6M    model
    680K    qt-faststart
    4,0K    readme.txt

    file *
    ffmpeg:       ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1
    (GNU/Linux), statically linked, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0,
    BuildID[sha1]=1d9f8adece5d29c5ded6ffdfaf95ac0910cb8d47, stripped
    ffprobe:      ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1
    (GNU/Linux), statically linked, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0,
    BuildID[sha1]=f3c2690764cddc93a230113eb92719b46cf47a50, stripped
    GPLv3.txt:    ASCII text
    manpages:     directory
    model:        directory
    qt-faststart: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1
    (GNU/Linux), statically linked, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0,
    BuildID[sha1]=69e624a6f851ef6b8127f81548b917229a37a355, stripped
    readme.txt:   ASCII text

Checked if ffmpeg 6.1 for example is compiled with pcm_bluray Encoder
needed for LPCM on Blu-ray:

    ffmpeg -codecs -hide_banner | grep pcm_bluray
      D.AI.S pcm_bluray           PCM signed 16|20|24-bit big-endian for
    Blu-ray media

That is no pcm_bluray Encoder, only the Decoder.