[Cin] Internal engine and ffmpeg

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 13:43:49 CET 2023

вт, 21 нояб. 2023 г., 13:22 Andrea paz via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:

> I continue here what we started in MantiBT #646 since my problems are
> not with the issue.
> I tried making a build that uses system ffmpeg instead of CinGG's
> internal one. The behavior is the usual, even though the internal
> engine for exr is active, ffmpeg is used. The result is the same:
> clipped exr images except one.
> Maybe I am doing something wrong in the copy/paste I do during
> compilation? I report the exact steps (not from root):
>
> git clone --depth 1 "git://git.cinelerra-gg.org/goodguy/cinelerra.git"
> cinelerra5
> cd /home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1
> [patching here]
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure --with-single-user --with-config-dir=/home/paz/.bcast6
> --with-booby  ### .bcast5 is for appimage
> make 2>&1 | tee /tmp/cin5.log && make install
> mv Makefile Makefile.cfg
> cp Makefile.devel Makefile
>
> (Curiosity: what are the last 2 steps for?)

I think last two lines replace Makefile with special debug version so NEXT
rebuild will have more debug info.

I think you can omit them if you are not intended to debug with gdb.

I build without booby switch and without custom config dir. Are you sure
all config files that created there are ok? If you copy  Cinelerra_rc from
.bcast5 dir - does it work better for this particular case?

Do you guys have any improvements to propose to this set of steps?