[Cin] ffmpeg 6.1 is out!

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 17:58:22 CET 2023

I did a compilation with ffmpeg 6.1 and everything went well. Thanks Phyllis.

(Note x Phyllis: the new "zoneplate" filter gives no error but if you
try to use it the error comes up:
err: Function not implemented)

I tried making a new build by enabling vulkan as described in the
following links:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HWAccelIntro#Vulkan
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#Vulkan-Video-Filters

It compiles without errors using "--enable-vulkan" and
"--enable-libglslang" while crashing using "--enable-libshaderc". For
the latter crash see cin5_shader.tar.gz

In the case of "--enable-libglslang" I have no build errors, however,
in the end, the ".../bin/cin" program is not created and therefore
CinGG does not start. See the log cin5_glslang.tar.gz

I don't see any errors in the log; there are many lines like:

"/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/thirdparty/ffmpeg-6.1/libavfilter/vulkan_glslang.c:182:(.text+0xcf):
undefined reference to `glslang_shader_create'"

But they are not error lines or warning lines. I think it's looking
for vulkan device initialization but can't find it and leave it
alone....