[Cin] Free and NetBSD patches in one series

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 19:02:15 CET 2023

пн, 27 нояб. 2023 г., 20:13 Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com>:

> Andrew, looking at these today (amongst other things).  Will they affect
> building older version 13.0 of BSD or is that not important?  Also, I think
> we need to add a better and updated section in the manual but not sure
> about the facts so I have to "think" about it some more.

Will try with 12.1 later ... for now Ports system on 14.0 thankfully build
cingg git snapshot even without those patches. They only needed for manual
building, it seems.

As far as I understand userland on BSD usually installed/updated separately
from small 'core' (compilers, kernel, few utilities). So you can have new
python etc on top of supported 12.x OS release ...

Next month I may try to get port2pkgsrc conversion for netbsd, because I
found nice workaround for too small / partition - just nfs mount /usr/ports
read/write from bigger host machine, in my case using nfsv4 Hopefully it
will work for NetBSD too!

Funny that 2 virtual cpu cores at nearly 4ghz can build dynamic version of
cingg without thirdparty in just 580 seconds or so ....