[Cin] Histogram plugin

Igor BEGHETTO igorbeg at visi1.org
Thu Oct 19 14:26:58 CEST 2023

I do not remember the Frame button and its Textbox as shown in the
picture of the Manual (Figure 10.46).
Since Cin-20201031 (and before, but I don't remember when) the button is
called "Sum Frame" and it works together with the selection (highlight)
in the Timeline.
More, the table in the bottom of the "Histogram" subsection I am seeing
in the HTML version is wrong.
You can see the right version in GoodGuy' reply:
https://www.mail-archive.com/cin@lists.cinelerra-gg.org/msg01886.html
==============================
The effect of this is to do this:

    1
    1                      1
000100 3 pixels   vs   0011000  3 pixels

On the left, the course color model piles all 3 pixels into one bin: max
value 3.
On the right, the fine color model puts the counts into 2 bins, max 2,
sum 3.
So, by reporting the sum the shape of the results are more similar.

It is important where the 1's are piled.
IgorBeg