[Cin] fileexr reading error handling

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 00:27:24 CEST 2023

Just FYI:
My comprehension of this bug with Background Rendering change of file
format is still missing mostly due to lack of time yesterday, but I will
follow the discussion and try to understand it.  Thank goodness Andrea was
able to follow it and verify the error/fix.  But I did fix my local copy of
the Release Notes to correctly state:

> Reading error handling bug for *background rendering* in fileexr.C when
> do an on-the-fly compressor
>
> switch has been fixed.

Today, using the previous GIT, like Andrea, I have not gotten any crashes
yet.

However, it may be that changing this background rendering File Format
requires the same type of restart of CinGG as when you change your
Appearance of the Theme from Cakewalk to SUV or  whatever.  Maybe that
would be preferable to "Try/Catch" in only fileexr.C??