[Cin] CinGG/NLE comparison

Igor BEGHETTO igorbeg at visi1.org
Tue Sep 12 10:08:40 CEST 2023

My 2 cents. Please, Keep in mind that my English is very bad.

=====================================
The way how Cinelerra-GG use the clips in the Timeline is different by
other NLEs like Adobe Premiere, Kdenlive, Shotcut, and a little
Lightworks. In Cinelerra-GG the Timeline is track based while in the
other NLEs the Timeline is clip based.

In other NLE, when you add an effect to a clip in the Timeline that
effect is linked (embedded) with the clip; moving the clip forward or
backward in the Timeline, its effect will move together with the clip.
If keyframes had been added on that effect, they will move in accordance
with the clip. To see the clip's effects these NLEs use a kind a form
where you can add or delete the keyframes.

In Cinelerra-GG, you can add an effect to all the track or a selected
area (section, region). Adding an effect only to the area of that clip ,
you can move the effect together withe the clip using "Drag and Drop
editing mode" feature. If keyframes had been added on that effect, they
will move in accordance with the clip, but only if they are within the
clip area.
When you add a lot of effects to a clip, or a some clips, in the same
track, that track will increase its height; this could lead to confusion
on large Project.

> What are the actions that affect the entire timeline, those that affect individual tracks?
It could be by appling the same LUT, for example.

IgorBeg