[Cin] HTML manual

Georgy Salnikov sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru
Sat Apr 27 05:34:52 CEST 2024

On Fri, 26 Apr 2024, Phyllis Smith via Cin wrote:

> Correction -- I need to find a way to change lowercase "index.html" to
> another name.  Can not change uppercase "Index.html" to another name
> because it is used by Context Help (I have to verify that I said this
> correctly now).

Although it would be possible to change "Index.html" to something else, the
problem is that this filename is autogenerated, the problem is not to break
autogeneration. To do it consistently, latex2html script should be adapted.
Perhaps I can do it somewhen.

To change "index.html" to something else is easier.

1) rename index.html to index.htm, or cin-index.html, or any other not
conflicting name

2) say webserver to use this new name as the default index (consulting that
particular webserver's manual may be necessary)

For example, for the Apache webserver one could add the following line to
the file ".htaccess" in the directory with the CGG manual (if "index" was
renamed to "cin-index.html":

DirectoryIndex cin-index.html

It would be even possible to add to Apache's .htaccess the following:

DirectoryIndex CinelerraGG_Manual.html

And then no "index.html" at all would be necessary (if the webserver is
Apache, of course).

Georgy Salnikov
NMR Group
Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry
Lavrentjeva, 9, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russia
Phone   +7-383-3307864
Email   sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru