[Cin] Video Formats and the latest players AV1, WebM, HEIF

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 18:05:22 CET 2024

AV1 and WebM:
Play it with your browser and smart-phone!

I've just tested PAL HDV 16:9 and SD-DV 4:3 video clips rendered with
Cin-GG to AV1 video and Opus audio muxed in a WebM container.
They playback fine in VLC mediaplayer and not at least in  Firefox and
Google-Chrome browsers on Linux.

Transferred these WebM clips using Gnome File manager on Linux to my
smart-phone Google Pixel 7 Pro via USB connection.
Tested these AV1 WebM clips playback worked fine on Pixel 7 with Android
14, possibly using its Tensor hw decoder.

Refresh training references:

Video File Formats overview
https://www.ionos.com/digitalguide/websites/web-design/video-formats/

AV1 Codec