[Cin] SD 16:9 missing among CinGG BD-Render Video Formats

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 22:54:39 CET 2024

>From what I understand, PAR is the ratio of the sides of a single
pixel while DAR and SAR are the ratio of the sides of the frame. Why
confuse the two types of ratio is beyond me. It is true that
mathematically three variables connected by a formula can be expressed
by eliminating one variable replaced by the other two variables. So
PAR is only and always referred to as DAR/SAR. Perhaps that is how
ffmpeg works, using only SAR and DAR and their relationship in the
code. However, it seems to me that the SAR indicated by ffprobe (and
by CinGG) is exactly PAR and not DAR/SAR.

Thank you for the 720 x 720 x 480; I made the correction.