[Cin] HDV 1080i to DVD 16x9 with MP2 audio

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 14:55:28 CET 2024

Den 29.01.2024 02:25, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu via Cin:

> пн, 29 янв. 2024 г., 04:21 Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com>:
>
>     Tested as Andrew stated on DVD connected to TV and it works but
>     does not distinguish between MPEG-2 and MPEG-3 -- it just reports
>     as MPEG.  And mp3 works too on DVD.
>     FYI -- you will have to edit dvd.sh to change ac3 extension to mp3
>     (file written as mp3 but really mp2).  I did not add -L 48000:2:16
>     as not needed (?).
>

> yeah, -L only needed for headerless pcm.
>

>     And execute dvd.sh after like for lpcm.
>
>             Is it possible to get MP2 audio; if possible how and where
>             to set it on the create DVD or Batch render window?
>             I tried to check FFmpeg there, but could not see MP2.
>

>         try "MPEG AUDIO" and select "II" in settings ...?

Thanks for the feedback.
I think the procedure here is somewhat tricky and a bit confusing.
Therefor I suggest some clarifications in the GUI and a manual example.

It is possible to Create DVD both with - and without "Use FFmpeg" checked.
On the batch render window: Enable the audiotrack,
select File format MPEG Audio: then the audio file becomes dvd.mp3

Even then changing the wrench from default Layer III to Layer II it
keeps dvd.mp3

This is confusing because only MP2 (Audio Layer II) is supported on
DVD-video

Many/most people know what "MP3 music" is,  but don't know what MPEG-1
Audio Layer III
IMO it would be more visible and understandable if the default MPEG
Audio file name had been
dvd.mp2 for DVD video rendering.

Another suggestion is to differ between application format like
DVD-Video and BD-Video vs Data Disks (for MP3)
and differ between applications mandatory formats on optional formats
that may or may not work.