[Cin] Procedure for making LPCM DVD

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 00:19:32 CET 2024

Strange but "mplex" requires an extension of "lpcm" or else you get the
following error:

> **ERROR: [mplex] File /tmp/dvd_20240130-160930/dvd.pcm unrecogniseable!

bash: **ERROR:: command not found...

But, "dvdauthor" only creates the iso files if <audio format="pcm"
lang="en"/> without the "l" on "pcm".

However, my LG connected to the TV does report the audio as "PCM" even when
I did not change the second "ac3" in dvd.sh.  And it has always reported
"AC3" when I just took the defaults and then when used Mpeg Audio of Layer
II or III, it reported it as just MPEG.

According to the web, the difference between PCM and LPCM is:

> In a PCM, the amplitude of the analog signal is sampled at uniform
> intervals. Also, every sample is quantized to the nearest value of digital
> steps. On the other hand, in Linear pulse-code modulation (LPCM), every
> sample is quantized uniformly and offers lossless transmission of audio
> signals

OK, more testing.  You can change it to just "pcm" and that will create the