[Cin] How to identify if a running CinGG is the Regular or Multibit version?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 01:43:33 CEST 2024

вт, 9 июл. 2024 г., 02:35 Terje J. Hanssen via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:

> Previously package installations used /usr/bin/cin to start the Regular
> version vs /usr/bin/cinx for the 10-bit version (rpm on openSUSE). Now the
> Appimage name itself contains Multibit for the latter.
>
> But for a running CinGG system, "Settings > Preferences | About contains"
>
> Built date and time and libav version
>
> It seems as nothing here tells if it is the regular or multibit version
> running, or?
>
> Will it be possible to add the version info here?

well, it was working in the past with configure switches enabling x264/x265
multibit versions compilation. Now x264 should be always multibit and x265
patched manually ... I'll think about something but not sure if there easy
way to get this info, esp. for external ffmpeg.

So far simplest way to test seems to be just trying to render 10-bit x265
and see if it works ...