[Cin] How to identify if a running CinGG is the Regular or Multibit version?

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 18:54:21 CEST 2024

Andrea, a few answers below.  This just seems confusing, but we should have
done this initially when Andrew-R supplied the patch.

1- how to do if you want to compile the 8-bit version?

I would change the section "Multibit build for x265-8/10/12-bit" to note
how to compile the 8-bit only version.  Although I really do not think
anyone would bother to do this.
      - cd /path_to/cinelerra-5.1/thirdparty
      - edit the file "Makefile" using the # character at the beginning,
comment out the line:
          x265.cfg_vars?=chmod +x ./configure; chmod +x ./multilib.sh;
      - then the next 2 lines should be uncommented, that is remove the #
sign at the beginning
         #x265.cfg_vars?=$(call cmake_config,source)
         #x265.cfg_params?= -DENABLE_SHARED=no -DENABLE_CLI=no
      - delete or rename the 3 patch files in thirdparty/src (they will be
something like x265-xxxxx.patchx)

> 2- Do the appimages reverse their names? multibit --> new std; old std
> --> 8-bit?

The CinGG-20230131-x86_64.AppImage name will remain the same, but just will
now be the multibit version.   The CinGG-20230131-x86_64-multibit.AppImage
will no longer exist. I am not going to bother creating an 8-bit appimage
as it just seems unnecessary.  I will just leave
CinGG-20230131-x86_64-older-distros-multibit.AppImage as the same name to
avoid any confusion.  Also, while you are at it, could you update the date
on this appimage names? so CinGG-20230131... would be CinGG-20240630, etc.
just so more up to date.

> 3- Will the einhander repository continue to have only the std version
> (which will be the multibit from now on)?

Yes, einhander version should now be automatically built as the multibit
version because he uses the GIT checkin.

Also, please delete any references to CinX in the manual as it is
irrelevant.