[Cin] Multitrack performance issues

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Mon Jul 22 11:58:10 CEST 2024

Op 7/22/24 om 11:52 AM schreef Andrew Randrianasulu:
> Strange, I mostly test single video track, but if I disable effect on it
> it consumes less cpu?
>
> Does every video plugin behaves this way?

Maybe it should even be more clear. This happens when color balance 3
way is disabled, and the track below is disabled. The CPU is then still
higher than the "expected" 20%.

> I think implementation of such optimization can be a little tricky due
> to route/shared plugins?

I would argue that the first optimisation would be to do it right when
shared plugins are not enabled.

> May be ask Adam to implement it in cinHV first (if cinHV similarly
> affected) and then we will see if diff can be applied  to our tree?

I'll check it out in cinHV.

--
Stefan