[Cin] New release update

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 20:36:48 CEST 2024

June 2024 release is ready with the AppImages.  Users who have the
automatic package update for some of the recent Operating Systems using:
    https://github.com/einhander/cin-gg-packages/releases
will already have the latest updates.  See copy of June release notes below
the *******.

Unfortunately, because of additional stuff requiring my attention, I made
little progress on my "to do" list AND I forgot to (1) create icons for the
2 new plugins because the default ones are so ugly and (2) alt-h for
ChromakeyAvid is referencing Chromakey instead and I want to figure out how
to fix this myself so that I can always do it without any help.

Reminder, feedback from others who have not already done so about replacing
ChromaKeyAVID over ChromaKeyHSV is appreciated.

****************************
*GIT for Cinelerra-GG has the following changes from 06/01/2024-06/30/2024*

*ChromakeyAvid* is now the much improved replacement for ChromakeyHSV *as
ported by Georgy*
 from the original author’s work. Furthermore, sge added even more options
with buttons on the
 bottom of the menu providing useful additional options. See the Manual for
usage. At this time, in
 order to retain compatibility with previous projects, ChromaKey(HSV) will
be retained even though it
 is inferior – this could change based on more feedback. BT #662 details
history of this change.
*Color Swatch* has been *ported from HV also by Georgy* which provides an
assist to Chromakey
 Avid (should be dragged to the timeline before Avid).

*Help changes:*
When executing CinelerraGG, using the Alt-h keys provides access to online
help using the HTML
 version of the Manual. *Georgy has updated ContextManual.pl *script so
that Index.html can be
 named differently; thus it should be updated now in ~/.bcast5 since the
API version number has
 been incremented to 2. Users who may have modified this script for
customization purposes will have
 to reference their old copy, which will be renamed with the .bak suffix,
to modify the new version to
 incorporate any changes they may have made. See BT #661 for
correct/detailed information (since
 Phyllis did not independently verify this).

*Latex2html*, which is the critical resource needed for CinGG Alt-h
execution help to convert the latex
 Manual version to html, has been *updated by Georgy* to include
'-unicase_titles' check of filenames
 for HTML pages upper/lower case duplication. Please see BT #661 for
detailed information.

*Manual changes:*
 *Andrea* has updated the manual to provide very detailed information on
using ChromaKey Avid as
   well as updating the sections on ChromaKey and ChromaKey(HSV).
 User *Bulhwi Cha* has provided detailed corrections needed in the manual –
much appreciated!

*Bug Fixes:*
Render Farm has had a bug in it since June of 2019 as recently discovered
by Chapolin, where only
 rendering the Project or a Single Frame worked as expected. In/Out points
and Selection always
 started from the beginning of the timeline instead of the chosen starting
point, but ended at the chosen
 ending point correctly. This has now been *fixed by Andrew-R* with
reverting:
“PackagingEngineDefault::get_package_single_farm” to its original code.