[Cin] Audio Offset Finder

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Sun May 19 10:20:08 CEST 2024

Op 5/19/24 om 09:45 schreef Andrea paz:
> Some time ago there was talk about OpenTimelineIO, but I can no longer
> find the reference.

"Donation and DaVinci Resolve EDL"

> What I was thinking of, was to use Audio Offset Finder to see the gap
> between files and then manually impose a timecode on each asset via
> the appropriate "set timecode" button.

I don't even want to do things manually, if I have a choice ;)

> What
> is also missing is the ability to automatically replace, in each
> source, the embedded audio track with an external audio track.

So you mean that you would have an extern audio recorder, and just drop
in replace the audio from the camera?

> But always in pre-editing, not on the timeline.

What do you mean with this?

> In my opinion, the
> operations of pre-editing should be present in an NLE, while
> post-editing may be missing.

What is post-editing in your opinion? Colour-grading, lower two thirds?

--
Stefan