[Cin] Audio Offset Finder

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Sun May 19 15:19:08 CEST 2024

Op 5/19/24 om 13:26 schreef Andrea paz:
>> I don't even want to do things manually, if I have a choice ;)
>
> I have tried several times to create a script for ffmpeg that would
> automate the A/V sync, but I do not have the skills. See:
> https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=448

I'll review what you already did here.

>> So you mean that you would have an extern audio recorder, and just drop
>> in replace the audio from the camera?
>
> I have an old Tascam DR40, great but no timecode...

I am using the Tascam DR60D (or DR60MKII) for virtually all my work. So
I am also quite happy with that workflow. The DR60D does have a 'slate'
option, but that requires an audio cable back into the camera. For
safety I typically prefer an independent audio recording at my camera,
at the cost of (manually) syncing in the open source workflow (my only one).

>> What do you mean with this?
>
> I mean a button like your "sync up" button, put in the Resources
> window to act on the sources.

So it builds a linear timeline?

--
Stefan