[Cin] Monitor profiling

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 16:28:11 CET 2018

I know they are compatible with the "Spyder5".

Yes, DispalyCAL is compatible with Spyder5; it automatically
recognizes it and downloads the specific "corrections".

> I am very satisfied with it, I have calibrated all my monitors to the
> "Rec. 1886" standard offered in the menus.

My main doubt is whether I have to remove the current ICC that runs on
my system before doing the calibration.

Ideally, the software used should
> then be corrected individually if it supports the option. Right now, I
> don't think Cinelerra can.

I think CinGG doesn't have a real color management (as Olaf pointed
out some time ago). I don't think it's easy to create it. Maybe by
implementing OpenColorIO (http://opencolorio.org)? It seems to me that
you know the subject well, do you think it's possible?