[Cin] Monitor profiling

Pierre autourduglobe p.autourduglobe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 15:41:14 CET 2018

Hi Andrea, I would have preferred to answer you directly on the forum,
but it seems impossible to "copy" text into the answer window.

I also calibrated my monitors. My probe is not a "Spyder5" but rather an
"i1Display Pro" from X-rite.

The proprietary calibration and characterization software that comes
with my probe does not work under Linux (but even under Windows I didn't
like it that much...).

So I chose to use the free software "DisplayCAL"
(https://displaycal.net) on Linux, Windows and Apple, which works in
collaboration and requires the reference color bank of the software
"ArgyllCMS". I know they are compatible with the "Spyder5".

I am very satisfied with it, I have calibrated all my monitors to the
"Rec. 1886" standard offered in the menus.

As you probably know, this only concerns the adjustment of monitors for
their general use on the computer. Ideally, the software used should
then be corrected individually if it supports the option. Right now, I
don't think Cinelerra can.

Pierre