[Cin] Camera - Proiector

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 19:04:43 CEST 2019

Andrea: it was changed around September 2018.  Below the dotted line is the
original email.  I thought I had corrected the wording in the manual but
apparently I only fixed one place.

And if while making a new video, you get some good explanatory screenshots
that I can use for the manual, that would be great!  (Else, I might have to
steal them from your video).  I have not spent any time understanding the
camera and projector so in the manual just mostly did a "cut and paste"
from the cv manual without the accompanying screenshots which were outdated.
EMAIL RESPONSE:
Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com>
To:cinelerra at lists.cinelerra-cv.org
Sep 9, 2018 at 11:49 AM
I don't like it either.  GG is going to make a mod and change it UNLESS
users are so enamoured with the current way it works and say "please do not
change it".  And is it later becomes a problem, can reverse it.
EMAIL REQUEST:
Olaf <cinmail at womentie.de>
To:cinelerra at lists.cinelerra-cv.org
Sep 9, 2018 at 10:35 AM
> "When we drag over the viewport in the compositor window (although
> initially counter-intuitive), the viewport does not moves but the
> area of video that sits under the camera's location does, like when
> watching the output of a moving camera.

> For example, when you drag the camera down, the viewport in effect
> is moving downwards on the video, showing its path towards the
> bottom of the video, but from our perspective on the compositor
> screen, we see the video moving up. When you drag the camera right,
> the video seems to move left, and so on."
https://cinelerra-cv.org/docs/cinelerra_cv_manual_en.html#SEC129

I say it freely, I don't like it. I work a lot with the camera and
feel that this is an unnecessary hurdle. Do I stand alone with it,
has anyone ever thought about cutting off the old plait?