[Cin] Hard edge and blade cut

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 19:59:19 CEST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Da: Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com>
Date: lun 8 apr 2019 alle ore 18:35
Subject: Re: [Cin] Hard edge and blade cut
To: Cinelerra.GG <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>

"Cinelerra has built in optimization on the timeline.  So that
whenever two parts on the timeline are sequential frames, it
automatically optimizes by making them into 1 item (excuse me if I am
not saying this quite right).  So if you are cutting, dragging,
editing, or whatever and somehow frame # 40 ends up right next to
frame # 41, it optimizes them together.  This optimization is
sprinkled all over the code."

Some time ago, in some tests on Motion Tracking, I had put two
adjacent motion-hv plugins: at the end of the calculations they had
merged into a single plugin. Maybe this is an example of "build in
optimization"?