[Cin] Proxy error (optimal settings)

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 15:40:34 CEST 2019

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 3:25 AM Sam <cinelerra at posteo.de> wrote:

> Igor, you're absolutely right. The video is rendered down to 61 FPS.
> Well observed!
> The project format is set to 25 FPS.
>
> Sam / Igor:

Well I am very surprised!  Streamable took my 120fps and made it 61fps !!!
So I was continuously testing the original file that I had uploaded and you
were testing the file that was downloaded and made into 61.

So now I downloaded the multilated 120fps.mp4 which was 61fps and it failed.

Thanks to both of you as this was driving GG crazy all day long.  He says
it is up to the codec as to whether or not it accepts a certain frame rate
for encoding.  And we just discovered yesterday, no matter what you Set
Format fps to, the proxy uses the original media fps always.

Sam, please check your large original camera files to see what its original
fps is -- it must not really be 120fps or it should have worked?

Do either of you have a suggestion for a workaround in Proxy to be able to
use a different fps?  Something like "Override frame rate ? "  gg/Phyllis