[Cin] Cinelerra & GPU

Pierre autourduglobe p.autourduglobe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 18:29:36 CEST 2019

Thanks for the clarification, Sam.

A message from Phyllis tells me to wait for a new version for Mint-18.3
that will be ready later today.

I guess the indications will then be a little more precise, namely
whether the different procedures should be done according to the CPU
manufacturer... or the GPU.

Pierre

On 19-04-25 12 h 07, Sam wrote:
> Hi Pierre,
>
> Yes, that's right. You start Cinelerra from the terminal.
> I have entered the following:
> CIN_HW_DEV=vdpau ./cin
>
> You can try this:
> CIN_HW_DEV=vaapi./cin
>

> If you don't notice any difference, then you have to install the
> following package libva-vdpau-driver. I also have a Nvidia graphics card
> and CIN_HW_DEV=vdpau is the only one that works.
> I have also set X11-OpenGL in the Cinelerra settings. You have to try
> it, the best way to see it is to watch the CPU load. Less CPU load is
> better.
>
> Sam
>

> On 25.04.19 17:57, Pierre autourduglobe wrote:
>> Hi Phylis,
>>
>> I would like to test your procedure with the video card (Nvidia
>> GTX-750Ti) on my computer (equipped with an Intel i7 3770k CPU), but I
>> don't really understand the indications.
>>
>> If I follow you well
>>
>> First - Install "libva-dev" (since the CPU of my computer is made by
>> Intel).
>>
>> Second - Use the "X11" video driver in Cin-GG.
>>
>> Then I don't understand the indications concerning a "environment
>> variable".
>>
>> Does it simply mean that I launch Cin-GG by the command
>> "CIN_HW_DEV=vaapi./cin" in a terminal opened from the folder where the
>> Cin-GG installation is located?
>>
>> Pierre
>>

>> On 19-04-25 08 h 06, Sam wrote:
>>> How to use IF you have the appropriate graphics board and the proper
>>> libraries installed:
>>>
>>> 1) You need to have libva-dev installed on Intel processors;
>>> 2) or you need to have libvdpau-dev installed on AMD processors.