[Cin] Cinelerra & GPU

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Thu Apr 25 18:07:26 CEST 2019

Hi Pierre,

Yes, that's right. You start Cinelerra from the terminal.
I have entered the following:
CIN_HW_DEV=vdpau ./cin

You can try this:
CIN_HW_DEV=vaapi./cin

If you don't notice any difference, then you have to install the
following package libva-vdpau-driver. I also have a Nvidia graphics card
and CIN_HW_DEV=vdpau is the only one that works.
I have also set X11-OpenGL in the Cinelerra settings. You have to try
it, the best way to see it is to watch the CPU load. Less CPU load is
better.

Sam