[Cin] New native Tracer plugin checked into GIT

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Fri Apr 26 13:47:09 CEST 2019

On 26.04.19 11:06, Andrea paz wrote:

> An idea about the GUI could be the option to make the edges of the
> various windows magnetic and variable. Changing the size of a border
> automatically changes the size of the neighboring windows as well.
> That's how Premiere Pro works:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-u_R_2tkP4  (1:05 - 1:20)
I don't know if that would ever work with the Guicast of Cinelerra.
Adobe and also the other NLE's like Kdenlive work with subwindows. These
subwindows can be arranged arbitrarily, but also separated from the
compound and function as real single windows. Cinelerra has only single
windows that cannot be combined in one window. I myself would wish only
one icon in the taskbar.

One possibility would be to use a framework like Qt5, it is even cross
platform capable, that means it runs on Windows, Mac and Linux. With
this framework we wouldn't have to worry about such things anymore. But
such a port would certainly take three to four, if not five months. In
this time no new updates of Cinelerra would come. I could live with that
if I didn't get any new updates for the next months. Waiting for this
new version would reward the new possibilities by far.
It would be cool if Cinelerra would also be available on Windows and Mac
and the GUI problem would be solved, it would be the future, or there
would be a developer who dares to approach the Guicast and bring it up
to date. GG would certainly be happy about such a support.

Sam