[Cin] New feature. Is it real?

preobraz at gmail.com preobraz at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 08:12:44 CET 2019

28.12.2019 01:16, Phyllis Smith wrote:

> This looks like a quite useful convenient feature, but sometimes people
> have 10's and 10's of files and it would be difficult to get that many
> media tabs on the Viewer.  A common project I have seen consists of 84
> clips (too many tabs) which are dragged to the Viewer, one at a time in
> order to quickly pick the one to be used.
>
> Current method of viewing all of the media, is in the Resources window,
> highlight all or just the interesting media and right mouse click to bring
> up the option of "View in new window".  This opens up a different viewer
> window for each piece of media.  Like in:https://streamable.com/4s2h7
>
> I like the tab idea as it is so obvious and easy to find/see, but I doubt I
> can convince gg to work on this.

The analogy with Internet browsers begs, right? Previously, you had to
open a new page in a new window, and then implemented tabs. If you adopt
some of the ways to navigate tabs from browsers, then users will not
have to get used to it. And if you leave the opportunity to open
resources in the window, then everyone will be able to choose what will
be more convenient for him.

--
Ugin