[Cin] Ripple, Rolling, Slip tools in the new version

Igor BEGHETTO igorbeg at visi1.org
Sat Feb 2 12:06:06 CET 2019

Hi GG/Phyllis,
I am using the new month build and thank you for your great work.
A few questions.

1) Ripple tool (more used).
I can see, now, that Ripple tool is not a very ripple edit, for me.
I know (knew at this point) that Ripple tool may made shorter or longera
clip. Now I can made shorter or longer a clip only on right side of that
clip.
I added a screencast: https://streamable.com/1vs0f
For me the right way is like before. I added a quickly scheme with four
cases, following your scheme.
(See file "ripple-edit.txt" appended).

2) Rolling tool. Okay.
I added a screencast: https://streamable.com/g6cpr

3) Slip tool.
Now, when I drag to left in timeline, the Compositor shows the clip to
go forward in the time and vice versa.
I added a screencast: https://streamable.com/kuh0k
I would expect that if I drag to left the Compositor shows the clip to
(See file "slip-edit.txt" appended)
More, if possible, it would be useful if the Compositor could show the
split view with, on the left side shows the clip's InPoint that changes
and on the right side shows the clips's OutPoint that changes.

What do you think about, please?
If I am wrong you can tell me.
Thank you.

IgorBeg